It is November, the time of year where we try to be more cognizant of the thing for which we are thankful. We should, of course, be thankful every day but who has time for that? Because I only stole this idea from someone's Facebook post last night, I am combining Thankful Days 1 and 2 in this post.
1. My Family. Yes, predictable. Yes, expected. But it is true. I am blessed with an amazingly supportive husband who has suffered by my side for almost seven years and given me two wonderful children. He endures my mood swings, my self-criticism, my insecurities, my nagging demands, and my excuses for avoiding sex. He makes me laugh and he tells me I am beautiful. My children are insanely funny and sweet and love me far more than I deserve. My son draws me pictures of "Love Robots" and my baby girl greets me at three a.m. with the biggest, gummiest smiles possible. For these reasons and a billion more, I am thankful for my family.
2. My Best Friend. A girl who has a best friend is one of the luckiest girls in the world. I don't have a sister and I don't have much of an extended family but I do have a best friend. She endures many of the same things as my husband, minus the sex-avoiding excuses, and still wants to hang out. She loves my children as her own. She gives me clothes that don't fit her and helps me with makeup and does my hair for me. She comforts me when I make stupid mistakes and tells the truth without judging me. She drives out of her way twice a week to bring me food and clean my house when I am on pregnancy-induced bed rest. There are not enough things I can write to express how amazing she is. When I picture myself old and sitting on a porch in a rocking chair, I picture her by my side. We will have outlived our husbands and will be still raising hell wherever we are, shopping, going to movies, and riding the Tilt-A-Whirl. I love you, E!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.